At the “Deutsche Internationale Schule Johannesburg” we:
• offer and have offered since our inception in 1890, co-educational teaching of the highest standards leading to excellent final results in national, German and international examinations such as the South African National Senior Certificate, the German International Abitur and a German Language Diploma;
• are open to all young people, including non-German speakers, who are interested in the German culture and would like to learn the German language;
• educate young people to become self-confident personalities with independent and critical thinking skills coupled with personal and social responsibility;
• promote both subject competence and the development of the whole personality of each learner;
• strengthen the inter-cultural sensitivities of our learners by cultivating respect for their own culture and appreciation of other cultures.
The “Deutsche Internationale Schule Johannesburg” offers young people the best preparation for the complex challenges of a global world.