At the “Deutsche Internationale Schule Johannesburg” we:
• offer and have offered since our inception in 1890, co-educational teaching of the highest standards leading to excellent final results in national, German and international examinations such as the South African National Senior Certificate, the German International Abitur and a German Language Diploma;
• are open to all young people, including non-German speakers, who are interested in the German culture and would like to learn the German language;
• educate young people to become self-confident personalities with independent and critical thinking skills coupled with personal and social responsibility;
• promote both subject competence and the development of the whole personality of each learner;
• strengthen the inter-cultural sensitivities of our learners by cultivating respect for their own culture and appreciation of other cultures.