The Swiss Association of the Deutsche Internationale Schule Johannesburg
Promoting the culture, heritage and ethos of Switzerland at the DSJ
The Swiss Association of the DSJ is a reincarnation of the previous Swiss Parents’ Association which, over the years had a meaningful impact on the school, including ( ). Now, however, we wish to broaden our reach to include Swiss Altschüler, as well as companies and associations that have an interest in the DSJ or Swiss-SA relationships, generally.
The Swiss Association was re-launched in June 2019, and has a formal Charter and a committee (of at least 3) dealing with:
- general governance of the Association, liaison with the School, the Embassy, and corporate bodies (the Chairperson);
- administration of the Association, generally, management of its financial affairs, communication to members, and organising meetings (the Treasurer); and
- liaison with Embassy’s cultural attaché & the School’s Swiss teacher to promote Swiss events at the school, organising Alphüttli, etc (the ‘Swissness’ portfolio).
We are also excited to announce a formal relationship with both the Swiss Embassy in Pretoria and the Bundesamt für Kultur (BAK) in Bern through which we explore a financing relationship for Swiss teachers at the school.
Supporting the Committee are various project teams, which include:
- Swissness – being the team responsible for planning events to promote Swiss culture to the DSJ;
- Business – being the team responsible for reaching out to Swiss-connected companies for internship/betriebs opportunities, sponsorship, and general involvement;
- Learner exchange & higher education – being the team exploring an exchange program to encourage DSJ students to study for short periods in Switzerland (and vice versa) and creating a database of tertiary education opportunities in Switzerland.
The Swiss Embassy in Pretoria: Swiss Embassy
Supporting Swiss arts and cultire in Southern Africa: Pro Helvetica
The magazine for Swiss abroad: Swiss Review
Furthering trade relations between Swiss and South African Companies: SwissCham
SVDSJ Satzung SVDSJ Charter
SVDSJ Mitgliedsantrag SVDSJ Membership Application
SVDSJ 201906 AGM Notice
SVDSJ 201811 Meeting Minutes
Increasing Our Reach