The Support Centre of the Deutsche Internationale Schule Johannesburg keeps the well-being of our learners actively in mind and thereby strengthens our school community as a whole.
Our Mission Statement
Our Mission (is the promotion of)
- social and emotional skills
- sensory and motor development, perception and processing
- language and communicative skills
- technical and methodological skills
- individual strengths
- individual, targeted support, training, therapy and counseling.
- a high quality of content of the courses, trainings, therapies and consulting.
- qualified staff that is continuously trained.
- optimal course sizes (usually 6 – 8 students).
- constructive, lively and open exchange with students, parents, educators, teachers and staff.
- flexibility in terms of content and time.
We are there for the entire school community:
- For students – to help them succeed in their school careers and develop their personalities in a holistic way.
- For parents and educators – in educational issues and to support their children in their development and learning experiences.
- for teachers and employees of the DSJ – to support them in their daily work.
Office hours: Monday – Friday 08h00 – 14h30 and by appointment
Manager of the Phoenix Centre and first contact: